Looking for our Summer 2019 program?
Ice Cave Tours
Explore the amazing world that is hidden beneath the glacier! Every winter, we discover new locations to explore and witness how the caves from previous years have changed. Based on past experience, we highly recommend to invest in a full day trip which would allow us to take the time to access the best possible ice caves and still have sufficient time to explore them to our heart’s content. For shorter time budgets, please contact us directly and we will be happy to discuss which options we might have. From family friendly outings to extra early starts to capture the sunrise from an ice cave, anything is possible!
- Meeting at Jökulsárlón or pick-up from your accommodation in the area
- Superjeep transportation
- All glacier / ice cave related safety equipment (helmet, harness, crampons, ice axe)
- Guiding by a trained mountain guide and professional photographer
What to bring
- Good, solid outdoor clothing (thermal layers and wind- and waterproof outer shell jacket and pants); gloves and wooly hat
- Sturdy hiking boots (at least ankle high) are essential for safe use of crampons
- Bring an extra layer to put on while we stop and admire the ice caves
- Snacks that will keep you fuelled throughout the tour
- A camera. A tripod can be helpful in the darker corners of ice caves!